Tyneham & Worbarrow

… where time stopped in 1943

Dorset ONLINE

Parish Clerks Network

Coastguard Station


Coastguard Station, Worbarrow c.1910

The coastguard station closed in 1912 and was demolished soon afterwards.

The house to the left of the photo was Hill Cottage, the home of Henry Miller.

Worbarrow from the Tout c.1918

The coastguard station has gone but the boundary walls and an out-house remain.

Smoke appears to be rising from Henry Miller’s chimney.

Coastguard Station, Worbarrow c.1905


Buildings & Places:

Tyneham Village

Double Cottages

Gardener’s Cottage

Gwyle Cottages

Laundry Cottages

Museum Cottage

Post Office Row

Rectory

Rectory Cottages

Telephone Kiosk

The Ponds

Tyneham Church

Tyneham Churchyard

Tyneham Farm

Tyneham House

Tyneham School

Village Pond

Village Tap

Worbarrow

Coastguard Station

Fern Hollow

Gate Cottages

Hill Cottage

Mintern’s Cottage

Rose Cottage

Sea Cottage

Sheepleaze

The Bungalow

Worbarrow Bay

Worbarrow Tout

Others

Baltington

North Egliston

Povington

RAF Brandy Bay

South Egliston

Whiteway