Tyneham & Worbarrow
… where time stopped in 1943
Hill Cottage and the neighbouring Coastguard Station, c.1910
The coastguard station closed in 1912 and was demolished soon afterwards.
Hill Cottage, which stood alongside the Coastguard Station, was home to generations of the 'fishing Millers'. 'Old Henry Miller', his batchelor son Tom, and many of their ancestors had been deeply involved in smuggling whilst living next door to the officers charged with stamping out the trade.