Tyneham & Worbarrow

… where time stopped in 1943

Dorset ONLINE

Parish Clerks Network


Registered One-Place Study

Rose Cottage


Rose Cottage, Worbarrow

This was the home of Jack & Miggie Miller


In her book, “Tyneham: A Lost Heritage”, Lilian Bond wrote in 1956:


‘The earliest caravan arrived at Worbarrow over fifty years ago and caused a small sensation. Its owners, the three sisters Thompson, drove it from Surrey with a hired horse and parked it in the field by White Rose Cottage.





Top

Buildings & Places:

Tyneham Village

Double Cottages

Gardener’s Cottage

Gwyle Cottages

Laundry Cottages

Museum Cottage

Post Office Row

Rectory

Rectory Cottages

Telephone Kiosk

The Ponds

Tyneham Church

Tyneham Churchyard

Tyneham Farm

Tyneham House

Tyneham School

Village Pond

Village Tap

Worbarrow

Coastguard Station

Fern Hollow

Gate Cottages

Hill Cottage

Mintern’s Cottage

Rose Cottage

Sea Cottage

Sheepleaze

The Bungalow

Worbarrow Bay

Worbarrow Tout

Others

Baltington

North Egliston

Povington

RAF Brandy Bay

South Egliston

Whiteway