Easily see Tyneham Opening Dates with our quick-glance Monthly Calendars.
On what days is Tyneham open to the public?
The opening dates are highlighted in green. For opening times see later.
Tyneham and the Lulworth Range Walks are open most weekends and all main public holidays.
They are open to the public each weekend except for the following weekends:
- 18 and 19 February 2023 = CLOSED
- 11 and 12 March 2023 = CLOSED
- 17 and 18 June 2023 = CLOSED
- 23 and 24 September 2023 = CLOSED
- 7 and 8 October 2023 = CLOSED
- 18 and 19 November 2023 = CLOSED
In addition to the weekends, they are open every day during the following holiday periods –
- Christmas: 17 December 2022 to 2 January 2023 = OPEN
- Easter: 1 April to 16 April 2023 = OPEN
- May Bank Holiday: 1 May 2023 = OPEN
- Spring Holiday: 27 May to 4 June 2023 = OPEN
- Summer Holiday: 27 July to 3 September 2023 = OPEN
- Christmas: 16 December 2023 to 1 January 2024 = OPEN
At what times is Tyneham open?
On the days when Tyneham is open:
- The Elmes Grove gate that allows vehicle access to Tyneham is opened at 9am each day and is locked each evening at dusk.
- The exhibitions in Tyneham Church, Tyneham Farm and Tyneham School are opened at 10am and closed at 4pm.
- The gates to the walks are opened around 4.30pm on Friday and closed at 8am on Monday (when only open at weekends).
The opening dates and firing times are subject to last-minute change. Please phone 01929 404714 to listen to an answering machine that will give up-to-date access information to callers.
For further enquiries please phone 01929 404912.
Page last updated: 31 August 2023